HOPE JB - Homeless and Orphan Pets Exists
About the centre
A Registered NGO and also a NO-KILL Animal Shelter at Pekan Nanas, Johor, Malaysia established in 2008, sheltering over 3000 dogs and cats up to year 2018 (Highest stray intake in all pet shelters in Malaysia) founded by Aunty Jia Jia.
Volunteering tasks available
- English & Malay Language writers: Writing articles or creating website contents
- Animal rescuers
- Animal inspectors: To help to follow-up in abuse cases or doing home checking for adopted animals
- Create educational posters or materials to educate the public
- Help with fundraising events: look out for upcoming events on their Facebook page and just give them a call or email if you can help at any of the scheduled events.
- Photography: For updating online adoption galleries. Taking photos of animals for adoption, getting details and uploading to H.O.P.E. website and Facebook.
Please kindly make an appointment if you are planning on visiting the shelter as they are lacking manpower and will not be in the shelter all day long. Any viewings of the animals are strictly by appointments only.
Location of Shelter
Pekan Nenas, Johor, Malaysia.
(Please note the shelter is located in an estate area and you might easily get lost or have difficulty in searching for the place, so it's always best to let H.O.P.E know if you are planning on visiting in advance.)